Before returning to the chapter highlights it seemed appropriate to post some resources that have been helpful to me in understanding the times in which we live and the times that live in me:
from the desiring God website:
From September 29 to October 1, at the Minneapolis Convention Center, over 3,100 people came together to exalt the supremacy of Jesus Christ. In those three days much time was spent looking at the one who is “above all earthly powers” as the attendees worshiped in song and over the Word. We heard from John Piper, Voddie Baucham, D.A. Carson, Tim Keller, Mark Driscoll, and David Wells as they unpacked the supremacy of Christ over this postmodern world and how it relates to truth, love, joy, the Gospel, and the Church. Through the preaching, the Q&A sessions, corporate worship, and times of fellowship, God was exalted and we were blessed. It was a great privilege and deep joy to stand alongside so many God-centered volunteers who served with humility, patience, and in the strength which God supplied. We could not have held the conference without them. May God, through their joyful labor of love, glorify his goodness and magnify his mercy to all who attended.
(FREE AUDIO AND VIDEO)
- Above all Earthly Powers, Christ in a Postmodern World by David F. Wells. A somewhat academic work but accessible and readable. This is a great book. You might also try The Courage to Be Protestant: Truth-lovers, Marketers, and Emergents in the Postmodern World.
- Becoming Conversant with the Emerging Church: Understanding a Movement and Its Implications by D. A. Carson
- The Reason for God by Tim Keller. I have used this as a textbook with 120 high school seniors for the past two years. They have found the book to be very relevant, engaging, and helpful.
- DECONSTRUCTING DEFEATER BELIEFS: Leading the Secular to Christ by Tim Keller
- Preaching in a Postmodern City by Tim Keller
- Mere Mission – N.T. Wright talks about how to present the Gospel in a post-modern world
Of course there are many other great resources. These are just a few to get started.